It's all there in black and white




I am having a long and constant love affair with black and white colour schemes. As much as I love the freshness of a blue and white colour scheme (see here), I cannot go past the subtle sophistication of the black and white palette.


But I like a softly softly approach. No harsh big blocks of black for me...I like lots of white, with just little dashes of black here and there to add interest and depth. Take this picture below. An essentially all white room, with just one black cushion and a soft and subtle black and white patterned floor. Dreamy and delicious.


Now this is another look I love - black and white warmed up with a gorgeous, worn wooden floor and table. Perfection!



I love this carefully constructed vignette below - the white, black and soft greys artfully tie these objects together.


I love this striking effect.



Black and white often benefits from a bit of colour. Loving the dash of colour injected by the Chinese canisters on top of this cupboard, below.





Here, a touch of green is added to the otherwise all black and white scheme for an extra bit of interest and texture.

Love this little vignette below, where even the candles are black.

I'm not normally a great fan of patterns, but the simplicity of this room (below) complements the bold, graphic pattern on the couch beautifully.
More gorgeous black and white patterns below. This look is conjuring up images of a sophisticated safari to me.

Images 1 Anders Schonnemanns via Desire to Inspire 2 Skona Hem 3 Country Living 4 Living etc 5 Notebook magazine 6 & 7 Morten Holtum 8 Real Living 9 Skona Hem 10 Day Birger et Mikkelson via Purple Area
Want to see more of my black and white loves? Visit this post here.
Best wishes,

It's all there in black and white Share on...

0 comments on It's all there in black and white :

Post a Comment and Don't Spam!