Window seat wishes

I have to admit that this year has been a rather long one. I've been trying to 'save up' my annual leave as I am planning to go to Europe in July, so the only time I've had off was when my dad took a turn for the worse and then passed away. So that wasn't exactly a holiday. But now my resolve to save up all my annual leave is seriously wavering, as I'm desperate for a break, and I think my son needs one too.

I yearn for a quiet place to rest and contemplate, read and rejuvenate. I'd particularly like to stay somewhere that has a window seat. I love window seats! The idea of curling up with a good book, while watching the birds flit around or the rain pelting on the window sounds like absolute pleasure to me. One day I will build my dream home and will have at least one window seat somewhere, but in the meantime, I will look at these lovely pictures.

This picture, from Australian Home Beautiful, shows a window seat in a boy's room. I think being a kid and having your own window seat would be the best! I like that this room has a decidedly boys bent, but it's quite grown up looking too.



Another picture from Australian Home Beautiful. I imagine this window looks out to a stunning sea view. Love the brown ticking on the cushion.

Now I'm not sure now where I found this picture, but it definitely has a Swedish feel don't you think? Pure heaven.

I love this one. Again from Australian Home Beautiful. Love all the squidgy cushions to sink in to, and the French feel. But being the ever practical person that I am, I would have built this with drawers, so that you can use it as storage for all those bits and bobs we tend to collect, without having to whip all the cushions off to open it from the top.



This one from Nancy Fishelson looks divine. So restful and peaceful looking - you could do some serious nestling here. And this is a quality window seat - note the pull out drawer and the lovely moulding.


So in the meantime, I'll just have a little chill out on my couch and pretend it is a window seat.
Enjoy your evening people!

Window seat wishes Share on...

0 comments on Window seat wishes :

Post a Comment and Don't Spam!