tagged....six uninteresting things I love

I don't normally blog on a weekend, but I'm unwell and the little man is at his dad's house, so I'm putting this little bit of quiet time to good use.

I've been tagged by three of my favourite bloggers - I read their blogs regularly. There was Lee from Glimpse of Style, Julie from Being Ruby and Alice from Searching for Style . If you haven't read their blogs yet, please go visit, as they have lots of beautiful images and great posts.

Ok, what you do is list six uninteresting things that you love. Hmmm...whether something is interesting or uninteresting is such a subjective thing. So I decided to interpret 'uninteresting' to be the things that are common and every day things....the little moments in life, if you will.

So here goes.


1. DreamsWhen I'm asleep, I have the most amazing dreams - full of colour, detail, symbolism, drama and emotion. I love waking up and going over in my head what happened, and wondering what it all means.


Last night I dreamt that I was in the grounds of a university and a man in an electric wheelchair trundled past me, before he came to an abrupt halt. I went up to him to find out if he was ok. He had an electrical cord attached to his wheelchair, and it was plugged in to the side of the pathway but it had reached the end of it's length and he could go no further. I offered to plug it in to the next powerpoint (don't you love how anything is possible in your dreams?), so I spent a good part of the dream running along the path, finding the powerpoint and then the next, and the next, as he made his way up the path. Hmmm...interesting to no-one but myself I'm sure!



2. Order


Banal as it is, I love order.....I take pleasure in my linen cupboard - sheets and towels all lined up in a row and neatly folded. I have a seriously organised workstation at work. I keep my books alphabetised. My Tupperware cupboard is a joy to behold. Order is where organisation meets beauty. Don't get me wrong - I don't have OCD and my house can get into a pickle as much as the next person, but I really do love it when it is neat, orderly and running like a well oiled machine.


3. Afternoon break
On the weekend I love curling up on my couch of an afternoon with a cup of hot Milo and a shortbread biscuit (or two). I look out my windows and watch the birds flit about and the clouds floating by and observe the change of season.


4. Watching my son sleep








During the day my son is a hive of activity and a seething mass of emotions - both good and bad. But at night he is at peace. I love to watch him sleeping - his long eyelashes gently rest on the soft curve of his cheek, and I listen to his breathing, deep and even.

5. Saturday mornings


I love waking up on Saturday morning, knowing that I have the whole weekend ahead of me.


6. Scents


Good smells are a small pleasure in life, but a wonderful one nonetheless. I love the smell of freshly cut grass.... onions frying on a barbecue.... my son's just washed hair..... a roast dinner cooking in the oven......jumpers washed in Softly.....hot chips with vinegar.....rain on a summer's day after a long dry spell...... scented candles.

So there you have it - my six unintersesting things I love. I enjoyed writing this, as it helped me appreciate all the good things in my life.

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake...” Marie Beyon Ray


Now the thing is I'm supposed to tag a further six other people. But this where I fall down. So many of the people I would have tagged have already been tagged, and I always get concerned that I'm going to tag someone who doesn't want to be tagged (actually I've noticed a few blogs have now put up 'tag free' signs on their blog).


So I'm not tagging anyone, but if you want to join in the fun, please do and let me know!



While I'm in my sickbed I've also taken the time to update my blog titles and dates - something I've been wanting to do for ages. I found out how to do this on Kevin and Amanda's site, click here for the tutorial. Thank you, clever Amanda, for being so generous with your knowledge. I love bloggers!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.


Best wishes,

tagged....six uninteresting things I love Share on...

0 comments on tagged....six uninteresting things I love :

Post a Comment and Don't Spam!