Time to smell the roses



I work virtually full time, but in the interest of finding some balance in my life, a little while ago I took a small pay cut so I can have one Friday off in every four. I also sometimes take an additional Friday off in that same four weeks, by accruing an extra 8 hours work time. I'm incredibly lucky to work in a workplace that allows me to do this. I call my Fridays off my 'sanity days'.



Problem is, I struggle to make up that extra time - it doesn't seem like much to accrue 8 hours in a month, but all I have to do is take some time off for an appointment or two for me or my son, or have a longer lunch to run errands and then I'm back at square one. Additionally, I feel constant guilt about leaving my son in after school care for that extra half hour or so every day while I'm accruing time, especially when I know he's tired.

I know that I'm not the only mother facing this dilemma - the challenge of giving as much time to your children, while running your home, being committed to your job and financially supporting yourself and your family. I'd be interested in knowing how other women manage to balance this all - got any tips?



Tomorrow is my 'sanity day'. No before or after school care for my son. Touching base with his teacher to see how the week has been. Making a great big batch of pasties for the freezer. Even taking a nana nap if I have time! Little things I know, but pure bliss! I love my days off.

I wish you a happy day.





Best wishes,

Time to smell the roses Share on...

0 comments on Time to smell the roses :

Post a Comment and Don't Spam!