My latest obsession

After a bit of time off to get my son to settle in to school, it's back to full time work today. Oh how I was enjoying pretending to be a stay at home mum! Back to reality today, and it was totally full on, but I felt needed and useful, so that's good.

Anyways, on to my latest obsession. Text and fonts. I think I've been reading too many Scandanavian blogs. If you are a fan of these blogs too then you too will have noticed that a lot of the 'Scandanavian white blogs' as I call them (and there are many) seem to feature writing in some form. For instance yesterday I was reading about a very interesting lady, creator of Emmelines blog, who turned a plain jane Ikea shoe cupboard into a one of a kind piece by painting it white and putting the words to 'These boots are made for walking' on the front of the drawers. Cute! See it here. She used Scriptina font (see, that's how bad I'm getting, I can even identify the names of fonts now).

All around me I seem to see examples of the most exquisite, old-style text (this first one looks a little like Cezanne font to me...)




Par Courrier














But I also like bold graphic text, like on these cushions



In this artwork...




...or on this ribbon. Text and ribbon - two of my loves together!





I'd totally love this in my house, a vintage Melbourne tram scroll, stained with age.


Then there's handwritten text. This picture below combines my love of text with an organised home - another one of my obsessions!


Australian Home Beautiful

I don't know what these next ones are, but it looks like french text, perhaps pages torn from a large book, or maybe they are old school posters...anyway, divine.....




I love asian text too




Wrapped in recylcled paper, I want these pencils!



I don't have much in the way of text in my home, except this big rusty letter below, which I've had for years. It could be a C or a U, depending upon which way you look at it.


There's a US website where you can order text to stick on your walls or your furniture, here.

Best wishes to you,

My latest obsession Share on...

0 comments on My latest obsession :

Post a Comment and Don't Spam!