Give me a sign, any sign


One of the things I love most about decorating is the thrill of the chase. When I have something in mind, I love to go out searching, ever hopeful that I will find that perfect piece that I have so clearly in my mind.



One of those things I hope to find one day is a vintage salvaged sign.


I would love an old, weathered sign, full of character and charm that I could place on a wall as art.




I think there would be a huge amount of luck and serendipity in finding the right sign - the right amount of weathered-ness, the right colour, the right size, the right price....everything must fall oh-so-perfectly into place.



I love thinking about their history, wondering where they came from, what function they used to perform.



Usually cheaper than original art, and so much for meaningful than a print, I think signs can add colour, interest and originality to a room.





I love the typography in this graphic black and white sign tucked under a console, below.



This great big old advertising sign adds colour and a dash of humour.


Not sure if this is really vintage (below), but I love its mellow, warm colours.



Signs particularly appeal to me because of my love of typography.




This sign below was a lucky roadside find. How fabulous!



This (below) is not actually a sign, but artwork based on a sign - the next best thing I guess!



One day maybe I'll find a sign I love. In the meantime, I'm having fun searching one out. You never know your luck!


1 Simon Kenny Content Agency 2 Super Junk via Desire to Inspire 3 Australian Country Style 4 - 7 Nancy Fishelson 8 - 9 Better Homes and Gardens 10 Living etc 11 Australian Better Homes and Gardens 12 Ralph Lauren 13 Hudson via High Heel Foot in the Door 14 Australian Home Beautiful 15 Australian Notebook Magazine

Best wishes,

Give me a sign, any sign Share on...

0 comments on Give me a sign, any sign :

Post a Comment and Don't Spam!