Trestle treasures

I've spent most of the day preparing for the start of school next week - you know, making sure my son's uniform is clean and labelled, checking shoes still fit, sorting out the stationery. This year my son will be going to a new school. He has major behavioural difficulties, and quite frankly, his old school just couldn't handle him anymore. They were over it. And so was I. It was a horrendous year for all concerned. So, after agonising over it for quite some time, I am sending him to a new school and hoping for the best. Hoping they can see the good side, and manage the more difficult side with respect and understanding. We met his new teacher yesterday and toured the school. I have my fingers crossed this is the right thing for my son and that he will blossom under their care.

So that has been what's been keeping me awake at night this past week. But in the meantime...on to something far more decor related....trestle tables! I love them! Don't know why...maybe that they just look a little more special than the standard table legs? I'm not really sure. But what I am sure of is that I like them to be old and rustic and worn, or failing that, painted white. Here's some favourite pictures.

This magnificent example looks like its been around for a hundred years or so....



Whilst this is far more modern....




I love this unassuming little number, accessorised to perfection....




Love this earthy little example. It was probably sitting in someone's garage for years, waiting to be discovered. Love the great way they've decorated it, with the old cases, the cloche, and that interesting round thingey! What IS that round thingey?





Here's another newbie, whitewashed...






A favourite of mine, in a very Frenchy room....





Another white washed number, paired with a modern take on the chandelier for a surprise element......




This is my own trestle table. I had it specially made to my measurements, using recycled wood, but it doesn't look as old or as battered as I had hoped. A little too pristine for my liking. Maybe I'll paint it white one day.




Now yesterday I wrote about kitchen transformations, and coincidentally Gina at Willow Decor has posted about her own fabulous kitchen transformation. Go have a look if you haven't seen it already, it's simply stunning! As is her perfect little jewel box of a butler's pantry. Gina has so much vision and style.
Images 1 Australian Home Beautiful 2 Notebook Magazine 3 Daryl Carter via Pure Style Home 4 & 5 Australian Country Style 6 unknown

Trestle treasures Share on...

0 comments on Trestle treasures :

Post a Comment and Don't Spam!